Power has been the best measure of performance in the cycling realm as it provides a very objective measure of work output. Racing in any of the different cycling disciplines require a different good set of time-specific power production and energy systems. The ability to quantify allows us to identify your strengths and weaknesses as a rider and also to track changes as the racing season progresses.
The test is perfect for cyclists who are interested in maximizing their potential on the bike and improving racing performance.
You will be required to perform several all-out efforts over different time durations after a period of warm-up.
The test will be stopped based on either one of the following criteria:
- Voluntary exhaustion (i.e you are unable to continue exercising)
- The exercise physiologist deems the test unsafe to continue
Upon completion of the test, your results will then be analysed and our exercise physiologists will be able to:
- Determine your strengths and weaknesses as a rider
- Assess your aerobic and anaerobic qualities
- Provide training recommendations
- Track your personal progression
You will also be given a report at the end of the test.
The test takes 1 hour, inclusive of warm-up and post-test consultation.
24 hours before the test:
- No/Light exercise only
- Ensure that you are well-hydrated and well-fueled
On the day of the test:
- No exercise
- No consumption of caffeine or other stimulants
- Arrive in appropriate running/cycling gear
- If you are cycling, we strongly recommend bringing your own bicycle in